Connecting and educating members
- lead in the development of 3 webinars through the Family Caregiver Community of Interest.
- assisted in the creation of a list of resources for Family Caregiver Engagement
- notified our members of 24 events of interest (online surveys, caregiver movements and announcements related to mental health and addictions).
- forwarded notices of 17 educational and engagement opportunities
- Created a database of stakeholder profiles
We are the voice for family caregivers’ groups in support of Mental Health and Addiction
- advocated for revisions to the Ontario Perception of Care (OPOC) tool for families
- represented at 16 meetings as a member of Mental Health and Addiction Leadership Advisory Council with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- member of the Ontario Caregiver Coalition
- represented at the Excellence Through Quality Improvement Project (for AMHO, CMHA and HQO)
Supported organizational growth
- increased stakeholders from 10-13 family groups
- developed a summary of Supporter Group Profiles
- held five provincial support’s meeting
- released 2016 Annual Report 2016
“Without OFCAN, we would never have known about these initiatives and we are very grateful.”
Cornwall Mental Health Family Advisory Council